Friday, September 7, 2012

Thursday Night Ramblings

This week was quiet, which is nice.   Last year on Labor Day, we went to Santa Monica beach, this year I changed locations to Zuma Beach in Malibu.  Last spring, I pinkie promised myself that I would learn the canyon roads here to get places.   I am finally making good on the that promise.  So far, I have been on Beverly Glen get to from the Westside into The Valley.   I tried Laurel Canyon last week to get from We Ho (West Hollywood) to the Valley.  It was horribly trafficked, so I found another way.  On Monday, I tried Malibu Canyon to get into Malibu.   The views along Malibu Canyon are breathtaking.  I absolutely need to stop next time and take pictures.  

I went to Malibu with another Mom we met here at the apartment.  We got to Zuma around ten which was great because it was not crazy crowded yet.   I KNOW I saw a famous person, but have no idea who.  We were driving through the neighborhood near Point Dume.  We saw this lady walking with an umbrella.   What drew our attention was that she stopped, turned around and hid behind the umbrella when we drove past.  Once we were past her, she turned back around and kept walking away from us with the umbrella at her back.   That the most extreme case I have seen of keeping an identity secret.   Don't worry lady...we had three kids who wanted to go to the beach, we don't want your picture!

Malibu was beautiful.   We saw about 20-30 dolphins at different times about 20 yards off shore.   We attempted to explore the tide pools at Point Dume.  It was high tide, so that was a no go.   We watched about 30 surfers catching 8-10 waves off Point Dume.   At Zuma beach, the waves were high. We wouldn't let the kids go in past their ankles.   They played in the surf for a while and then dug a giant crater in the sand.   We ate at an Italian restaurant of PCH and headed home.  

Tuesday was quiet.   We were home all day doing school.   Wednesday, we went to my daughter's acting coach to have an audition taped.   Today brought another audition.

My son started gymnastics a couple of weeks ago.   We went last week, but at a different time due to my daughter having an audition.   He absolutely refused to go into class.   My husband and I spent an hour begging, pleading, threatening, and bargaining with him to go to class.   He refused.   That kid is stubborn!   He finally relented and agreed to go on the floor after the class was over.   He said he refused because he didn't know anyone.   For the past week we have talked about going to class and not refusing.   He was ready to go.  My daughter was called for another audition this week which caused him to have to change his class again.   I was worried he would refuse again.   I let him rule the show.   I sat where he wanted me to sit.   I walked to the edge of the floor with him.   While we waited for him to be called, I could tell he was getting nervous.  He slipped his hand into mine.   When they called his class, he went!   Whew!   He did great and had a great time!     I got a video of him doing his first back tuck with help from the instructor.   Now, I need to figure out where to upload it and post it.  

Tomorrow is the great "scoot over" as I am calling it.   We are moving to the apartment that is next door.   It is slightly larger and has another bed.   I will no longer have to share with one of the kids!  I hope our scoot over doesn't take too long, but it is essentially moving.   I hate moving.   That is why I prefer to think of it another way.  

This weekend we have a photo shoot for the short film on Saturday, filming for the short on Sunday, and maybe Disney on Monday.   We plan to eat with the Ewings tomorrow night.   Enough rambling, goodnight.  

No comments:

Post a Comment