Sunday, September 2, 2012

Slow Sunday

We are enjoying our slow Sunday.   Our Sunday mornings are always really relaxed here because church does not start until 11:15.   The kids and I wake up at our regular time and then have the morning to just relax.   We don't have to get a jump on school like we do during the week.  

This week the auditions picked up.   We found out my daughter was cast in a short film for company that produces films that are family friendly.   She works next weekend and then a day at the end of September.   Yesterday, she auditioned for a film at USC.   I've been to USC multiple times, but yesterday was the home opener for the Trojans.   The filmmaker warned up to leave extra time.  Wow!   There were a ton of people there.   I planned to go an hour and a half early, but I got stuck in horrible traffic on the 110.   I got off the 110 cut through Koreatown and headed down to USC.   I kept my eye out for a parking space.   As I got closer to campus, the traffic got worse.   I turned around and started looking in the neighborhood for a parking space.   I finally found one a block from the I-10 freeway and ONE mile from the building on campus I needed.  Thankfully, I had the kids' scooters in the car and we needed exercise. They scootered and I walked.   We made it right on time for the audition.   At the audition, the parents were talking.  One parent saw a place that was charging $100 to park.   People were renting out their driveways for $20.   I parked for free, a mile from campus.  What an adventure!   We got home and the kids swam and played.   I drank a Dr. Pepper, ate tortilla chips with lime, and relaxed.   These was the hardest to get to audition we ever attended.   At a typical audition, you find a parking spot, park, walk 1-5 minutes to the building, go in, audition, and leave.   Yesterday, my daughter also auditioned for a casting director that cast her in the feature film she did in January.   That was neat to see her again.  

It is time to feed the littles and get ready for church.  

No comments:

Post a Comment