Thursday, September 27, 2012

Today is Thursday

Ok, it is the end of September and I am finally posting.   First, I have not done anything with the video of my son at gymnastics because things have been busy around here.  We are up and going with classes and auditions.   My daughter takes two 2 hour classes a week for acting.   Both the kids take violin once a week.   My son takes gymnastics once a week.   Once you sprinkle in homeschooling, daily violin practice, 3-5 auditions a week, and playtime with friends and our schedule is bursting at the seams.   Yep, the blog is the first to go.   I need to do as my friend Marilyn and post something every few days, even if it is a couple of sentences.

On the acting front, my daughter has filmed two short films since we have been out here.   Both films have given her some great connections and both were family friendly!    Family friendly is exciting because not a lot of things are not too family friendly.   We are asked about her friends seeing her work.   My daughter's part is not objectionable, but the film as a whole geared to adults not kids.   These shorts her friends can watch!  She still loves acting.   She comes bouncing out of every audition and class.   It is truly her thing.   She absolutely loves to be on set.   I think she really likes the challenge of it.  She has to make the character real.  She also has to adjust as directed.  It challenges her intellect and she loves a challenge.  

My son has made amazing strides at gymnastics.   Every week he is challenged and learns to do something new.   The coaches know how much to push without pushing him too far.   He loved his trial class.   It helped that he knew someone in his trial class.   He didn't want to go to his first class due to not knowing anyone, but now will go anytime.   We have to adjust his class time or day due to auditions popping up.   He just rolls with it.   The coaches are incredible.   I know that is one reason he loves it so much.  

My husband has been able to visit multiple times.   It is great to have him out here for 3 days at a time.   We have been back to Disney, hung out on set, and run around to auditions together.   The important thing is that we get quality and quantity time together.  Next time he is in town, we are planning to take a trip to the heated pool.  My son wants to demonstrate his forward tuck into the pool.   Yep, another thing he learned in gymnastics.  
  
We have some great friends out here.   They make the experience of being away from home so much easier.   The kids get along.   The moms are nice not nutty.   This is showbiz in L.A,  I have met some nut jobs!   Thankfully, my friends are blessings!   Oh...and last year they introduced me to curry.   Now, we have to order curry at least once a season.   We ordered curry last night.    Food, fellowship, and fun!   The kids even swam in the freezing cold, unheated pool.  

I'm off to bed.  Tomorrow is a big audition.   The Lord willing she will go forward in the process.   If you want to pray for us.   We would love it!   If I can pray for you, make a comment.   I would love to pray for you as well.  

"Instead you ought to say, "If it is the Lord's will, we will live and do this or that."
James 4:15

No comments:

Post a Comment