Sunday, September 30, 2012

Book Reivew: Fourth Fisherman


I recently read The Fourth Fisherman by Joe Kissack.   The story tells of three fishermen who survive an 8 month ordeal on the Pacific Ocean while simultaneously telling the story of an entertainment executive’s path to God.   I found the book very easy to read and completed it in a couple of days.   Every other chapter details the fishermen’s account.  The intervening chapters detail the executive’s life.   Although it switches back and forth, it is not confusing.  

This is a book about seeing God at work in the lives of people.  It can be inspirational to encourage you to go after what you feel God leading you to do.   You see the themes of reliance on God, trusting in God, and seeing God work in lives of people.   I found it encouraging and interesting.   It was a bit biographical in nature.   I enjoyed the book and would recommend it.

 

I received this book from Multnomah Publishers for the purposes of review, but all thoughts are my own.  

No comments:

Post a Comment