Friday, July 27, 2012

Book Review: The Scent of Cherry Blossoms

I recently read The Scent of Cherry Blossoms by Cindy Woodsmall.  I have read several of her books based on Amish characters.   Many stories based on Amish characters by various authors all seem to have a similar storyline.   This book was quite different.   It follows a Mennonite woman and an Amish man who fall in love and have to overcome their differences in religion.   The story never seemed to drag and moved nicely.   I almost had a hard time putting it down.  

I enjoyed this book a lot.   It was engaging.   I never got bored with the storyline.   In fact, with thirty pages to the end, I wondered how the story would end due to a seemingly impossible situation.   I learned something new about the Amish.  They are not allowed to intermarry with Mennonites.  This book ended with a happy ending.   I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys stories about the Amish or romance novels.  

I received this book for the purposes of review from Waterbrook Multnomah Publishers.

No comments:

Post a Comment