Sunday, March 11, 2012

Whirlwind

We've had a fun week.

Ok, the acting stuff...my daughter had two callbacks for two low budget films. She also auditioned for a small part in a network pilot. Early this week she had a callback for a web series. She booked one student film and shot another student film. She also auditioned for an electronics commercial with a producer she knew from another shoot. She also booked a small role in a Christian music video. Finally, we had a promo shoot for a kids talk show on a Christian cable network she booked in January. In spite all of this, we finished school one day early in anticipation of my husband arriving Thursday night! The kids worked really hard on school this week and did a great job.

One day sent us to Santa Monica, so we went early to beat the traffic and enjoy the wonderful weather.   The kids had fun on the beach and stayed reasonably clean for the audition we were heading over to next. 

We saw ladybugs on the shore line.  

The waves made this cool pattern on the beach.


My daughter appeared a master's thesis film this week with American Film Institute.   She got to play her first role as a thug.  In this film, she portrays the six year version of a pyromaniac who is obsessed with zombies.  That could not be more opposite of my daughter.   It was fun to see her range.    




In non-acting related news, we've been running with my friend Marilyn, her son Cole, and another Mom, Yoko.   Marilyn loves animals.   We've met lots of animals and their owners.   This is Fox.  


 You can call him and he will run to you like a dog.  We see him almost every day!  Our run/walk bootcamp like workouts are 3-4 miles and can take up to an hour and a quarter with all the smooching on the animals.   The kids ride their scooters, but quickly bail off to meet friendly pets.   We also met a golden retriever this week that was so sweet! 

OK, a little background.   I wrote this post yesterday sitting on the WB "ranch" lot.   It is a WB owned lot that essentially looks like a little neighborhood, except all the houses are famous for being used in TV shows or movies.    I was sitting next door to the Partridge family's house while my daughter shot in front of the Bewitched house.     The production also shot in front of the Griswold house.   I stood next to the fountain used in the opening credits of Friends and talked on the phone.   Yes, it was surreal.   I was also reminded of my calling out here.  I had some interesting conversations with some of the actors.   I felt like I got another look at how some actors feel judged by Christians in general.   One actor related a story of being told by a Christian family member that they were lying by acting and therefore going to hell.  Yes, we need to be truthful, but telling someone they are going to hell because they act and acting is lying cannot please the Creator.  The conversation gave me pause and something to think and pray about.   I am praying about how to further the gospel to people who have been hurt by others before me.  

Today was church.   I was blessed by church again.   I haven't been able to formulate my thoughts on the sermon, but it was so applicable.   I may have my daughter watch the podcast. 

My husband was in town this weekend, so we enjoyed spending time with  him before he headed back to Houston.   We went to Disney on Friday.   Funny story, my daughter lost another tooth right before they got on Space Mountain.   First, I'm glad my husband was able to secure it before the ride started.   Second, that she didn't loose it while on the ride!  That kid has a flair for loosing her teeth at the most interesting times.   We went to In & Out Burger after church today.  Then, we headed to the Lego store to pick up the free mini build for March.   I totally forgot to take the kids on Tuesday night.   Thankfully they still had some kits left over.  We came home from the airport, visited with friends, ate dinner, and made the mini build.   The kids are asleep and now, I am trying to adjust to the time change.  

Praying for a productive week!   We are not taking Spring Break until the middle to end of April when my Mom is coming for a visit!   We are also hoping for some good news on all the callbacks, but as I tell my daughter, God is in control.   We don't know the future, but He does and I know He has my back!

"In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express.  And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God’s will."
Romans 8:26-27

No comments:

Post a Comment