Monday, March 26, 2012

Raining in L.A.

It is a rainy day in L.A.   We left to take Jason to the airport and had to wade out of our apartment complex.  He drove to the airport to let me have a break.   I have been fighting a cold the last few days.  Yesterday, I spent the entire day in bed.  Since it was raining and drivers in L.A. drive me crazy, I took my latest crocheting project in the car so I would drive my hubby crazy.   I am a BAD side seat driver...true confession.   We hoped the rain would be stopped by the time we got down to Santa Monica.   Unfortunately, it was still drizzling, so we ate an early dinner of Ben and Jerry's ice cream.   Yes, I let my kids have ice cream for dinner.   Did I mention it is raining in L.A.?   The world must be coming to an end.   I also stopped in a this fabulous shop in Santa Monica.   I could have gotten in serious trouble here.   They had yarn, alpaca yarn...wow, so soft!   Fabric, scrapbooking stuff.   It was wonderful.   It had a great artsy chic feel to it as well.    I spent about 15 minutes ohhing and ahhing.   I will have to go back.  

We made dropped Jason off and the airport and drove back to the apartment under sunny skies.   We missed a walk on the beach by an hour...seriously?   The rain stopped for a few hours, just in time to celebrate a friend's 18th birthday and now it is raining buckets again.   The kids are still settling down to sleep.   The excitement of the birthday and the double chocolate yummo cake have them a bit hyped up, oh and the ice cream..:)  

This week my daughter has had a cold.   I finally took her to urgent care on Thursday when I thought she was getting worse again.   They gave her some meds. and now I think she is on the mend.   I started feeling bad Thursday afternoon.  Thankfully Jason arrived Thursday night and took some of the load off my shoulders.   He took my daughter to set Saturday while I stayed in bed.   My son spent the day with me doing nothing.   At one point he looked at me and said, "Get up!  You are being lazy."   To which I replied, "I'm sick, not lazy."   I got a little grace from him after that.   He went and visited the boy next door for a couple of hours.   Then came back and hung out with me.

Last weekend, I managed a book review post that was at the deadline.  My daughter shot an electronics company commercial a week ago Thursday and Friday.   She shot a student film last weekend.   I think four days of work is probably what led to her cold.   Something was going around and then she had four busy days.   So she caught the bug.   This week brought several auditions, one callback, and some rest.  I think we are all on the mend from illness and I am thankful.  

I won't have a running buddy tomorrow.   My running buddy's son is wrapping a short film he worked on his weekend tomorrow.   I hope to get the kids out and run anyway.   The air quality should be wonderful after all the rain!   Church was amazing as always today.  

I have no idea what the week hold, but God does!   Wishing you a blessed week!

Then Jesus said to his disciples: “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear. Life is more than food, and the body more than clothes.  Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than birds!  Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?  Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest?

Luke 12:22-26

No comments:

Post a Comment